Skip to main content

Another Happy Birthday

Do I want to be this post bittersweet? No not really. I stopped looking at my birthdays as a step closer to being old a long time. Right now my MO is treating my birthdays as a day when I let people to tell me how much more they love me ;)(that would be a wink), and graciously accept the praises. That is why I always look towards my Birthdays, I love them and never feel depressed about getting older. It just means that I got to spend another year surrounded by people I love, why would anybody find that depressing is beyond my understanding.

Let me give praises to The Awesome Wife one more time, for thinking that it is much better to spend the day zipping about the downtown of Chicago on segways, than going to work. Thank You Honey, that really made my Birthday special and gave me something to remember for a long time.

I won't give you the archetectural tour of Chicago, although I must say, I learned a lot of new things from our tour guide. There is also a photo of me, the tour starts at the Art Institute Museum.



It was a fairly wintery but warm day, and all the tourists stayed inside! So it was me, my wife and our tour guide. We went about 5 miles up and down Michigan avenue from the Art Institute all the way to Musuem campus and back. Now I want one of those toys, although I don't have a clue where I would ride them.

We also discovered this little gem at the Architectural center for Chicago. I didn't even know there was a place like that.


View of downtown from north



View from the east


Soldier field


View from the south.

They are also updating this model all the time, some of the newer buildings made it as well.

The tour was really a time well spent. We are thinking of repeating it in the summer, they have a whole bunch of them going around the city sights. If anyone decides to visit Chicago and want to join in, let us know, maybe we can set it up.

Oh, going back my Birthday (the day is about me afterall) I also got a bunch of presents that I loved.

Thank you all for your kind Birthday wishes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things you never cared to know about Mayonnaise

I have decided to start a new Rubric. Once a week I will write a post about a random subject. Having the subject coming out of MY head, it can be about anything. I constantly have a lot of random "Why?" and "How does?" questions floating around in my head. I will try to explain how I arrived to the subject at hand and promise to do diligent research on Wikipedia and provide you, the unfortunate reader, with either the interesting or unusual bits of info. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! In addition to that I have a slight fetish for trivia. The rubric will be called: Things you never cared to know about Today's topic is Mayonnaise . How did I arrive to that? As I was making breakfast in the morning, I decided that I wanted to take a pita pocket and stuff it with something. The pitas are usually fairly dry, and you have to toast them. I did not have Hummus or Babaganoush (GOD! I just love saying BA-BA-GA-NOUSHHHHHHHHH!) I put a little Mayo inside to soften it up. So, ther

Crazy ideas - UPDATED

Here's a crazy survey I thought off. If you had a time machine where would you travel first? Assuming the fact of course of universal invincibility. ----UPDATE---- As my brother mentioned, with time travel universally available getting rich schemes would be less than doable. My aim is more towards investigating great mysteries of history. Therefore: a. To the Big Bang b. To see an asteroid killing dinosaurs c. To see the exodus of Jews as it really happened d. Try to see if Jesus hubbub really happened e. Forget the past, I'd go to the year 2020 to see who winds World Series and place a bet accordingly. f. Suggested by Ilya . Back a day or to to purchase winning lottery ticket. e. Try to see if Atlantis existed. f. Travel to the future to see the explosion of our Sun. I am torn between the dinosaurs and the World Series. Please suggest the choices. Should I add Buddha and Muhammed to the list as well? From the curiousity stand-point. I still rather see the dinosaurs.

Olympics

I watched the opening ceremony over the weekend (after all these years i still rave about TiVo). Am I the only one who is intimidated by the sheer amount of human power involved in the theatrics? I was impressed and a little scared at the same time. Paranoia kicking-in. Did they do that on purpose, to show how much cheap labor they can employ, to pull almost anything off?