Skip to main content

Vacation Day 1

We've made it to Myrtle Beach. The weather is hot and humid. The accommodations are decent. The beach looks good from the 16th floor, although we haven't made it there yet.

Couple of bad things and good things already happened.

Alamo car rental is a strange company. My wife has made the reservations online and registered me as the primary driver. Strangely enough their system registered her as the primary driver with my driver's license information. All calls to fix the confusion resulted in them promising us that it will be fixed at the airport counter. Funny enough, my wife having the developer experience had to explain to them how such an error could occur. When we got to the airport, we've had no problem at all, and got a free car upgrade. Without even complaining. Kudos to the man at the counter.

Now, special kudos go to the Spirit Airlines person, who amid the confusion of boarding the airplane found our stroller among twenty others and retrieved the pacifier we left there. We could express our thanks enough to that nameless hero of the Aviation.

Comments

vince said…
It nice to hear about good customer service experiences. I've always recognized mistakes happen, what's important is how mistakes are dealt with.

Popular posts from this blog

Things you never cared to know about Mayonnaise

I have decided to start a new Rubric. Once a week I will write a post about a random subject. Having the subject coming out of MY head, it can be about anything. I constantly have a lot of random "Why?" and "How does?" questions floating around in my head. I will try to explain how I arrived to the subject at hand and promise to do diligent research on Wikipedia and provide you, the unfortunate reader, with either the interesting or unusual bits of info. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! In addition to that I have a slight fetish for trivia. The rubric will be called: Things you never cared to know about Today's topic is Mayonnaise . How did I arrive to that? As I was making breakfast in the morning, I decided that I wanted to take a pita pocket and stuff it with something. The pitas are usually fairly dry, and you have to toast them. I did not have Hummus or Babaganoush (GOD! I just love saying BA-BA-GA-NOUSHHHHHHHHH!) I put a little Mayo inside to soften it up. So, ther

Crazy ideas - UPDATED

Here's a crazy survey I thought off. If you had a time machine where would you travel first? Assuming the fact of course of universal invincibility. ----UPDATE---- As my brother mentioned, with time travel universally available getting rich schemes would be less than doable. My aim is more towards investigating great mysteries of history. Therefore: a. To the Big Bang b. To see an asteroid killing dinosaurs c. To see the exodus of Jews as it really happened d. Try to see if Jesus hubbub really happened e. Forget the past, I'd go to the year 2020 to see who winds World Series and place a bet accordingly. f. Suggested by Ilya . Back a day or to to purchase winning lottery ticket. e. Try to see if Atlantis existed. f. Travel to the future to see the explosion of our Sun. I am torn between the dinosaurs and the World Series. Please suggest the choices. Should I add Buddha and Muhammed to the list as well? From the curiousity stand-point. I still rather see the dinosaurs.

Olympics

I watched the opening ceremony over the weekend (after all these years i still rave about TiVo). Am I the only one who is intimidated by the sheer amount of human power involved in the theatrics? I was impressed and a little scared at the same time. Paranoia kicking-in. Did they do that on purpose, to show how much cheap labor they can employ, to pull almost anything off?