Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A little sad, but only a little

I am always a little sad when my Birthday comes. I've never figured out why. I think it might have to do with it being so close to other Holidays, with me analyzing all my previous non-accomplishements from last year, and the fact that it is in the winter. When I was growing up, I could never do the fun summer birthdays.

But then I wake up, get a kiss from the Awesome Wife (who has found for me an awesome present) a hug from the 5 Year Old and a smile from The Baby, and happyness and content start flowing over me again.

4 comments:

vince said...

Family often makes the biggest difference. Have a most awesome birthday!

Ilya said...

Happy birthday, brother!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday day, son, be healthy and happy.
About your sadness: I have my own theory: this is because you so far from your closest family, nobody can for many years make the congtulations,
cook your favorite food, give you nice gifts - straight in the same day. We will see you only in 10 days, so it is not the same day feeling that you are so important for everybody.
Mama.

jason said...

Arriving very, very late for the party, but I hope you had a good birthday...