Skip to main content

Thursday football news.

I read football news. Not everyday, but every other week. I've read them yesderday afternoon. The sports sphere is abuzz with news about Jay Cutler debucle. Imagine my surprize (with jaw falling to the ground with a loud noise) when I discovered not more than three hours later that Da Bears actually aquired mr. Cutler for their quaterbacking needs.

Now the analysts talked about this for a month now, projecting Browns, Bucs, Titans, even Detroit. It seems that Mr. Jerry Anglo (bears GM) has ninjaed everyone on this deal. NO ONE suspected. Granted, the Team had a bad QB situation for at least a decade, but THIS!

This news have been chewed over and over for the last 24 hours. Here's my little take on it. The Bears get Culter. One of the most promising QB right now. 26 years old, already a Pro-bowler, with a gun for a hand. However, he's got a reputation of being a primadonna. With a defensively dominating team this might not cut it. There are also a lack of good recievinig corp in the team. Bears first and foremost are a running franchise. I really truly hope this works out. Analysts are projecting the Bears now to be the strongest team in NFC north, some even uttered the words Superbowl.

The Broncos got Kyle Orton. Not the best QB in the league by far but he is solid and he has been improving. He is the quiet leader type. Exactly what Denver needs right now. The Bears also gave up to 1st round picks in the draft for the next two years. So, even if mr. Orton does not work out for the Broncos, there are four franchise caliber quaterbacks available in the draft this year.

On the other hand there are plenty of good players always available in rounds two and three.

So, I think both teams need to be happy with what they got. Even though Denver got a better deal in my opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things you never cared to know about Mayonnaise

I have decided to start a new Rubric. Once a week I will write a post about a random subject. Having the subject coming out of MY head, it can be about anything. I constantly have a lot of random "Why?" and "How does?" questions floating around in my head. I will try to explain how I arrived to the subject at hand and promise to do diligent research on Wikipedia and provide you, the unfortunate reader, with either the interesting or unusual bits of info. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! In addition to that I have a slight fetish for trivia. The rubric will be called: Things you never cared to know about Today's topic is Mayonnaise . How did I arrive to that? As I was making breakfast in the morning, I decided that I wanted to take a pita pocket and stuff it with something. The pitas are usually fairly dry, and you have to toast them. I did not have Hummus or Babaganoush (GOD! I just love saying BA-BA-GA-NOUSHHHHHHHHH!) I put a little Mayo inside to soften it up. So, ther

Crazy ideas - UPDATED

Here's a crazy survey I thought off. If you had a time machine where would you travel first? Assuming the fact of course of universal invincibility. ----UPDATE---- As my brother mentioned, with time travel universally available getting rich schemes would be less than doable. My aim is more towards investigating great mysteries of history. Therefore: a. To the Big Bang b. To see an asteroid killing dinosaurs c. To see the exodus of Jews as it really happened d. Try to see if Jesus hubbub really happened e. Forget the past, I'd go to the year 2020 to see who winds World Series and place a bet accordingly. f. Suggested by Ilya . Back a day or to to purchase winning lottery ticket. e. Try to see if Atlantis existed. f. Travel to the future to see the explosion of our Sun. I am torn between the dinosaurs and the World Series. Please suggest the choices. Should I add Buddha and Muhammed to the list as well? From the curiousity stand-point. I still rather see the dinosaurs.

Sunday Night Blogging.

I used to hate olives. Really really hate them, to a point of gagging. I have recently tried on a personal dare to eat the big green greek olives with crap stuffed inside of them. Some think it's anchowies, some think it's salmon, i think it's pepper. I've bought a small cup of them yesterday. They were with peppers inside of them, little red jalapenos, sticking out a bit. For those of my readers who ever had a male dog, the picture is precisely what you are thinking. I am not saying anything else. BTW, the peppers were spicy, although not too spicy. My little one take a look at one of them and proudly declares: "Daddy, the chiken almost got out of that one!" And here's the offending fruit (berry? vegetable? what is an olive?) just before I devoured it.